Monday, November 28, 2011

Godzilla Kingdom of Monsters #8 Rankings


Well it looks like things continue to slip for the Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters series.

The latest numbers are in for issue #8 and it ranked at 197th place with 10,637 issues sold.

That's over twenty places down from issue #7 and about 500 less issues sold too!

This was suppose to have been the ultimate comic featuring the massive Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah fight we've all been waiting for.

But alas its sales just didn't make it so.

Again I can see why the sales trend goes down, as the payoff just hasn't been there when it comes to this series.

Lots of setups, very few results.  It's like LOST only in comic book form (ooooh, too soon).

This marks the last issue for writer Eric Powell and unfortunately it looks like things went out without a bang.


In any case I'll be very interested in seeing how issue #9 comes along as I do recall IDW comics hyping it as an all new adventure of sorts for Godzilla.

You couldn't buy any IDW comic without seeing such an advertisement, so we'll see how things turn out.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's disappointing, I hope the series picks up, it's getting much better. And I think you meant King Ghidorah, not Mechagodzilla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I look forward to reading Issue 9's rankings, I'm curious how that sold. (By the way, I removed the above comment because I changed my username to my ComicBookMovie.com alias.)

    ReplyDelete