Monday, February 6, 2012

Godzilla Video of the Day



Talk about a blast from the past!

Back when I was a teen I remember watching MTV every year for their MTV Movie Awards.

This was an annual ritual where I would get with friends and we would see what movies won what, what cornball actors made stupid guest appearances, what skits would play before each award, etc.

Lo and behold I found this rare gem from those days, this one featuring a skit centered around Samuel L. Jackson and his adventures within the 1998 Godzilla film (with a special appearance by Christopher Lloyd).

Looking at these things now I can see just how dumb and corny they really were...but man back in the day there were something.

At least I can say this about these skits...they were still done on a very professional level.

I mean carefully integrating filmed movie scenes with scenes featuring these two actors, painstakingly utilizing as much of the same cab exterior/interior as possible, that definitely takes effort.

Take a look if you want to travel back to 1998 and see MTV before The Jersey Shore took over everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment