Sunday, July 1, 2012

Outside the Box: "Prometheus" review

I had mentioned to everyone a few days back that I was going to see Prometheus this weekend...well low and behold I saw it and I actually enjoyed it. 

Now first things first...yes the movie frustratingly leaves many unanswered questions.

If it sought out to be riddle wrapped in a question, then job well done to the filmmakers.

No doubt much of it (if any) will be answered in the upcoming sequels.

However...this is actually part of the appeal that I had with the film.

I enjoy a good mystery as it becomes second nature to solve something that initially wasn't presented wrapped in a bow.

Up until the sequel comes out it'll be fun to guess what certain scenes were about, such as the introduction featuring that pale-alien, or the actions taken by David the android, or even the whereabouts of the final "survivors".

And I strongly felt that it nicely tied in with the Alien franchise while still taking things to a whole new course.

I really liked this concept because after so many Aliens and Predator movies...the franchise was honestly getting a little stretched out. It was wise to go in a new avenue while still utilizing the ideology behind the movie that started it all.

The acting was top-notch.

Even the cheesier lines like "I think it was part of a military compound to house weapons of mass destruction" could have been said in so many wrong ways...and yet it (and other lines) still worked out somehow.

I loved the visual effects, enjoyed the music, and the direction was good.

HOWEVER...and this is big however...if any sequels come about some of the first movie's questions HAVE to answered. 

I will not forgive so many questions left hanging.

Overall 4/5 stars from me, and I highly recommend everyone to give it a try and see for yourself!

Of course it never hurts to have one of the beautiful women in the world throughout most of the movie too.



No comments:

Post a Comment