Saturday, May 30, 2020

I keep seeing articles related to the return of the FEATURE PHONE, and how younger consumers are seeking the return of a more simpler life… I agree wholeheartedly. I’m in that camp too. I think a lot can still be done today without having a SMARTPHONE linked 24/7. Much of my YouTube work is done at home...same for maintenance on my various websites. Imagine simple phones with basic fast internet, some streaming options, and go-to apps like calendar and music and camera so on. I would 1000% gladly get a Flip/Feature phone today in a heartbeat if but for one thing...GOOGLE MAPS! For some bizarre, almost insane reason none of these Feature phones today (in 2020!) have viable TURN-BY-TURN options. None. Now some do feature Google Maps...but it’s pretty much IN-NAME-ONLY. It’s that rudimentary, click-by-click option that’s the kiss of death to use while driving. I absolutely need something with spoken LIVE directions for all of my daily work/vacation travels. So strange that Flip phones 10 years ago, at a 1/10 of the technology no less, had such great navigation options...while today’s ones can’t or won’t have them. NOKIA 3310 UNLOCKED FEATURE PHONE (AT&T/T-MOBILE/METRO PCS/CRICKET/MINT) (in case you want to go back to a simpler life again) https://amzn.to/2TSiTYi





No comments:

Post a Comment