Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Idris Elba talks Pacific Rim Monsters


As I've mentioned before, if "Cloverfield" is the best non-Godzilla Godzilla-like film, then the upcoming "Pacific Rim" is the upped sequel with lots of monsters added in.

Info on this film remains more scarce than anything I've ever seen...but we finally have some description of the kaiju-like monsters in this film (however brief).

According to one of its stars Idris Elba:

"Godzilla would throw out the wrong sort of image, I think. We are talking about some big MF-ers. There's a lot of actuality in this one because he's (Guillermo Del Toro) created huge sets. I mean, we've taken over four sets in Pinewood in Toronto and built a lot of the stuff that you might see. Yes, there is huge CGI I'm sure, but we built a lot of stuff too."

Wow!

So these monsters are expected to be even bigger than Godzilla himself! That's huge!

I can't wait to see what kind of images finally begin popping out for this movie, or the epic battles such giant-sized monsters will entail.

You better believe that Legendary Pictures (the makers of this film) will have a trailer of sorts during "The Dark Knight Rises" movie, and I'll be happy to post it here once it debuts.

Here's the original article for further info:

comicbookmovie.com: Idris Elba talks Pacific Rim Monsters

No comments:

Post a Comment