Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Destroyer 14's Review of GODZILLA #2

Destroyer14 over at comicbookmovie.com continues to provide some solid reviews, this time chronicling issue # 2 of the newest Godzilla series from IDW.

Again I myself haven't read the thing since I'm waiting for it to come out on TPB, but here's an interesting excerpt from Destroyer's review:

"My other problem with this series is the monster bounty hunter angle. C'mon, you know they can't really do anything to these monsters, I know that, and even writer Duane Swierczynski appears to know that, as Anguirus easily clobbers them. This monster bounty hunter angle is pretty much pointless. Boxer is a gruff main character, generic, and lacking the likable exterior that Steven Woods had from Kingdom of Monsters. I'm not saying he's a bad focus, but there's nothing particularly interesting about him. The most fun parts of dialogue is the bickering between him and a Claire, a person he recruited for the cause. (Who happens to be his ex wife.)"

I was getting kind of worried how the bounty hunter theme would work out.

I mean how can one seriously try and "capture" a 200 foot tall kaiju? Especially when it's just a normal set of humans doing the capture.

Wouldn't a simple tail swipe take care of anybody even attempting to wrangle it?

In any case check out the rest of his review here:

comicbookmovies.com: Destroyer 14's Review of GODZILLA #2

No comments:

Post a Comment