Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Godzilla Video of the Day



One of the weirdest, craziest Godzilla videos I have ever seen. Even after all of those years of first watching it on my VHS copy of "Godzilla 1985", I still can't understand its existence.

Who in their right mind would ever pair up such a crazy match-up? Worse yet, who would even bother to accept this as a submission into a released home video? Did Toho studios even know about this; that somebody was utilizing both Godzilla's name and features for such a cooky video?

I bet those Toho lawyers last referenced in my other video would have had a field day this with.

Also where was Disney throughout all of this? Unless I'm mistaken Bambi is not a public domain type property.

Still I have to give credit to the filmmaker Marv Newland (who made sure his name was everywhere within this video). He made it, sought to shop it around, found a distributor in New World Pictures (the distributors of "Godzilla 1985") and the rest is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment