Wednesday, February 1, 2012

10 of the best outdoor activities in and around Tokyo



It has survived enough attacks from Godzilla to merit its own award, and now the Tokyo Tower is listed in a top 10 list for the best activities to do in Tokyo.

Obviously visiting the tower and sightseeing from the top is a given. If I ever travel to Tokyo that's going to be one of the first things I'll do.

(I'm not afraid of heights...so I'd probably see how far I can legally stretch out from the guarded edge).

But this list offers other interesting things to do, such as jogging around the Imperial Palace, to trying some urban fishing along the Ichigaya fish centre, to taking a fantastic walk at Inokashira Park.

I never realized there were so many good things to do in Tokyo, and it makes paying a visit all the more impressive.

I thought most of the sightseeing tours involved visiting local merchant areas...but this is something else.

Those who have visited Tokyo before, I'd love any extra input on any other sightseeing locations you can think of that can work great.

In any case here's the impressive list:

guardian.co.uk: 10 of the best outdoor activities in and around Tokyo

No comments:

Post a Comment