Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Weird Godzilla toy...part 11

So apparently Godzilla can ride a bike now?


While I don't think the toy is necessary weird (it looks like your average kid's bike), what I find to be extremely strange is how Godzilla was incorporated into this toy. He's used as a marketing ploy in a very bizarre manner.

I mean look at the artwork. Here's Godzilla fighting his usual assortment of military tanks and airplanes, and he chooses to get way by hopping on a tricycle and speeding off? Just the image alone makes me laugh considering how ridiculous it looks.

And this is all official because one can see on the bottom corner the Toho Studios copyright, so it's for real.

Which leads to my next point, where exactly is Godzilla on the actual bicycle? As I had mentioned earlier it looks like your average kid's bike, but where is a Godzilla image on the handle, or the seat, or the wheels, or the rail, and so forth?

What I mean is that most licensed products such as Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, etc., usually have their image/symbol on the actual product. Here it's completely missing.

One would think that Toho Studios would at least be able to place an actual Godzilla on this bike, but it looks like it was not meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment