Sunday, February 19, 2012

Outside The Box: The true story behind 'Heat'



Examiner.com has created one of my favorite articles yet!

One picture is of course Robert De Niro as "Neil McCauley" from the incredible movie "Heat".

The second picture is the REAL LIFE Neil McCauley who inspired that movie's character.

Who knew that behind the fantastic film "Heat" was a real-life story that happened back in the 1960's!  That the famous "Coffee Scene" between the two actors really happened between a real life cop and robber!  That the real-life Neil McCauley was eventually shot and killed during his final robbery!

This is what the article from Examiner.com examines (no pun intended) as it gives all of the really cool info behind what led to the creation of this film.

I love the movie "Heat"!

It remains one of my favorite movies of all time.

From a writing, acting, choreography, cinematography, directing and overall standpoint, the movie excels in EVERYTHING.

Alas I never saw the film in theaters as I was too young at the time...but catching it later on home video still swept me off my feet.

The beauty of this movie lies in its detailed, real-life intricacy.

To this day I can watch the movie and STILL catch something new that I had not noticed before!

If you've never seen "Heat" before order it NOW...you will not regret seeing it.

Even Christopher Nolan cited this movie as his inspiration for "The Dark Knight", what many consider to be the greatest superhero movie yet.

How exciting it was then to realize this new bit of insider information, to know that sometime ago there really were Al Pacino's and Robert De Niro's characters existing out there.

In any case here's the original article that I highly recommend any "Heat" fan out there to read.

examiner.com: The True Story Behind "Heat"

No comments:

Post a Comment