Friday, January 27, 2012

Del Toro Talks DreamWorks Toons, Pacific Rim, The Hobbit and More


Spinoff.comicbookresources.com has a fascinating article on Guillermo Del Toro where he talks more about his upcoming films.

...by far the most interesting part is where he spills more info on "Pacific Rim", the super-secret kaiju-fest film set to be released next year.

While he doesn't reveal anything spoilerish, what I found interesting was his intense love for this project.

Here's a direct quote:

"Think about it, I’m so fully immersed now in Pacific Rim. I’m 47 and I never in my life have had as good an experience making a movie as Pacific Rim has been. It’s been a joy every morning from every point of view and I cannot tell you how much I’m enjoying it because I have nothing to compare it to. Part of it is how involved and invested the guys from ILM have been. It’s been amazing."

To me this is pretty big news because I had always figured "Hellboy" as his favorite movie-making experience. I mean it was enough for him to do a sequel, something he never does.

So if he was enthusiastic making "Hellboy" and "Hellboy II"...and those films came out so great...imagine how fantastic "Pacific Rim" is going to be!

That man knows how to make a good film great, and I can't wait until it comes out.

Giant robots battling giant monsters, all done through the beautiful magic of ILM, what more can anyone ask for!

I can only hope that the upcoming Godzilla movie from Legendary Pictures and Co. lives up to this potential.

In any case here's the original article where he expresses more thoughts on these films:

spinoff.comicbookresources.com: Del Toro talks Dreamworks toons, Pacific Rim, The Hobbit and more

No comments:

Post a Comment