Sunday, January 22, 2012

Godzilla writer Eric Powell at Murfreesboro Comic Con


Apparently at Murfreesboro, (there's a town named like that?) Tennessee there was a Comic Con that just happened this past weekend.

What makes this news worthy is that Eric Powell of "Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters" and "The Goon" was there to spearhead the event, as this was the first ever Comic Con to have happened around that area.

It makes sense as again...who has ever heard of Murfreesboro, Tennessee before?

But I'm glad that the citizens there were able to enjoy the experience, as Eric was joined with other media guests such as various WWE Divas, and Madison Lintz of "The Walking Dead" fame.

It's been noted on this website that I've never been to happy of Eric's Godzilla work. His writing remained far too campy, branched out into too many storylines that never paid off, and seemed to condescend to various political parties and state citizens.

But still...spearheading a risky event like this (first time comic cons are always iffy) is something that I can admire, which is why I'm reporting it here.

I tried to see if anyone had recorded his Q&A (if there was any) at the event, as undoubtedly he would have been asked about his work on Godzilla, but unfortunately nothing is up yet.

By the way here's a link to my past YouTube video noting my own thoughts on Comic Cons. Again I'm a big fan of these events, and if you've never been to one before I provide a good tutorial on what to look forward to. (You'll find the link here).

For further info on this past Murfreesboro Comic Con, along with additional pics, here's the link:

comicbook.com: Murfreesboro Comic Con kicks off with Zombies, Batman and fans



No comments:

Post a Comment