Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Godzilla Image of the Day


I have posted this image because it was the first ever official image I had seen of the 1998 Godzilla design.

Now I had actually seen this new design before...when a leaked toy image was printed somewhere in my city's newspaper.

Ironically enough I recall dismissing this leak because I kept wondering how it could be so different.

Surely it must have been a ruse right?

Come opening day I happened to visit the film's official website...and low-and-behold a flash countdown timer begins.

No sooner did those numbers reach zero then this image pops up, instantly confirming the earlier leaked design.

What a weird way to officially be introduced to the new Godzilla.

(By that way that timer kept resetting itself to 10 and then counting back down, which made me suspect that there was a longer timer leading up to this reveal).

No comments:

Post a Comment